Changes in Transportation
Please be respectful of valuable classroom instruction by having your children arrive and leave on time. Emergencies do arise and appointments can occur that require special attention. Please call the school office no later than 2:00 p.m. to request for unplanned transportation changes. It is strongly encouraged to arrange playdates after school from the home. Changing a student’s usual mode of transportation can result in confusion. We appreciate your cooperation.
Parking and Picking Up Children
Virginia state law forbids the passing of a school bus that is loading or unloading children; this law applies on school grounds, too. We do not allow parking in front of the school during arrival and dismissal. To avoid being blocked in by the buses, you cannot park in front of the school between 8:40am and 9:30am or from 3:00pm to 4:30pm.
To enable our students to exit the building safely, we ask that walking parents meet their children outside at either Entrance 3 or Entrance 8. The front lobby exit must remain clear. Walking students must use designated paths or sidewalks where safety patrols are stationed.
Kiss and Ride
(9:05-9:15am & 4:05pm)
Kiss and Ride Tags are Available in the Office. Tags are for use with afternoon pickup only.
- Drop your child off only in the Kiss and Ride traffic pattern. Do not drop your child off on Sydenstricker Rd. or other areas around the school/neighborhood.
- Pull your car forward as far as possible in the line.
- Make sure that your child exits your car on the building side only.
- Do not pass other cars in line.
- Go directly to Sydenstricker Rd; do not use the bus access lane in front of the school.
FCPS provides bus transportation for students who reside more than a mile from school. Check with the school office for exceptions. Bus riders should follow these guidelines:
- Refrain from crossing or playing on private property.
- Cooperate with the safety patrols and obey the bus drivers.
- Arrive at the bus stop five to ten minutes before the scheduled pickup time.
- Remain seated and talk quietly on the bus.
Students may ride their bikes to school. Fairfax County Code requires students 15 and under to wear a helmet when riding a bike. For further information on bicycle rules, please stop by the office.